There are some Hardcore truths about Marriage
- There is nothing that threatens the security of a wife other than the thought of another woman competing for the attention and affection of her husband in marriage. Nothing is more painful and more disrespecting. Also, nothing is more insulting. Nothing is more belittling and degrading.
- Union of Coules flourishes when they work together as a team; when both husband and wife decide that winning together is more important than keeping score.
Good marriages don’t just happen. They are a product of hard work.
- Your children are watching you and forming lasting opinions on love, commitment, and marriage based on what they see in you. Give them hope. Make them look forward to getting married too.
- Husbands: The reason why other women look attractive is that someone is taking good care of them. The grass is always green where it is watered. Instead of drooling over the green grass on the other side of the fence, work on yours and water it regularly. Any man can admire a beautiful woman, but it takes a true gentleman to make a woman admirable and beautiful.
- When a husband puts his wife first above everyone and everything except God, it gives his wife the sense of security and honor that every wife hungers for.
- A successful marriage doesn’t require a big house, a perfect spouse, a million dollars or an expensive car. You can have all the above and still have a miserable marriage. A successful marriage requires honesty, undying commitment and selfless love and God at the center of it all.
- Pray for your spouse every day; in the morning, in the afternoon and at evening. Don’t wait until there is a problem or you notice an illicit affair. And don’t wait until something bad happens. Don’t wait until your spouse is tempted. Shield your spouse with prayer and cover your marriage with the fence of prayer.
- The people you surround yourself with have a lot of influence on your marriage. Friends can build or break your marriage; choose them wisely.
- One spouse cannot build a marriage alone when the other spouse is committed to destroying it. Marriage works when both husband and wife work together as a team to build their marriage.
- Don’t take your spouse for granted or take advantage of your spouse’s meekness and goodness. As well, don’t mistake your spouse’s loyalty for desperation. Don’t misuse or abuse your spouse’s trust. You may end up regretting it after losing someone that meant so much to you.
- Beware of marital advice from single people. Regardless of how sincere their advice may be, most of it is theoretical and not derived from real experiences. If you really need godly advice, seek it from god-fearing, impartial and prayerful mature couples whose resolve has been tested by time and shaped by trials.
- Dear Wife, don’t underestimate the power of the tongue on your Marriage. The tongue has the power to crush your Marriage or build it up. Don’t let the Devil use your tongue to kill your spouse’s image, self confidence and aspirations. Let God use your tongue to build up your Marriage, bless and praise your spouse.
©️ BISHOP DAVID OYEDEPO